Google My Maps Tools:
Images in Balloons |
My Maps Backup |
Custom Embed Maker |
Multiple My Maps (via gokml.net) |
Extract Coordinates |
Google Earth TOOLS: Fly-To | MORE...
KML TOOLS: KML shortlinks | Sort KML | Geographical Grouping | Add elevations | RSS to KML | Project Point
My Maps images in balloon
Have just noticed the KMZ export direct from My Maps, now adds the image to the description with <img> tags, making this script pretty much redundant :) Success!
This script will create a KML file based on a My Map that has the image embeded in the popup infowindow.
- Map needs to be publically accessible (either fully public or just 'anyone with the link')
- This tool only works on the KML. So the download will be missing any custom icons
- As a workaround, use this tool. Then download the KMZ direct from My Maps. And replace the KML inside the KMZ with the new one.
- Just inserts the html snippet provided. If multiple images in one Placemark, adds it multiple times. No slideshow (with next/prev) like online My Maps
- Note that reimporting the output KML back into My Maps will probbably end up duplicating each image
*** It works for me but your milage may vary! Use at your own risk, no garentee is offered. ***
This is only a stopgap solution until (HOPEFULLY!) added by Google